Community Survey Feedback Summary
We received 67 responses for Muddy Creek. Seventy per cent (70%) of respondents were supportive of naturalisation. The most popular responses relating to improvements at Muddy Creek were:
- clean up the waterway (23),
- naturalisation (16),
- clean/repair the concrete (14),
- improve aesthetics (9), and
- regular cleaning/maintenance (9).
Of those who were supportive of naturalisation, the main feedback given was: clean the waterway (5), ensure regular maintenance (5), introduce native plants (3) and plant more trees (3).
Five per cent (5%) were against the concept of naturalisation with the reasons given being:
- plants would not work in reducing flooding (1),
- there are higher priorities (1),
- previous instances of naturalisation have been unsuccessful (1), and
- there is no need to naturalise (1).
Following the completion of consultation we will prepare a report detailing the feedback we received from the community survey and on the concept designs.