What the REF found
Sydney Water has assessed how this project will impact the environment and local community.
The assessment, or Review of Environmental Factors (REF), found:
- The potential for environmental impacts is low because most of the work will be occurring with the boundaries of the Rouse Hill Water Recycling Plant and Castle Hill Water Recycling Plant.
- The upgrade will improve the quality of recycled water discharged from the plants.
- There will be typical construction impacts such as additional traffic and noise. We will put measures in place to minimise these.
- Extended work hours are proposed. Work will occur at the plants from 6 am to 6 pm on weekdays and 7 am to 4 pm on Saturdays. No noisy work is permitted to occur prior to 7 am on weekdays and on Saturdays, prior to 8 am and after 1 pm.
- Vegetation and tree removal will be required as a part of this work. Safeguards will be in place to minimise flora and fauna impacts.
- Potential odour impacts on the surrounding community will not increase as a result of this work.
- We are committed to keeping the community and stakeholders informed throughout this project.