Parkside Drive Reserve – final detailed concept design
Sydney Water has been working closely with Georges River Council to refine and finalise the concept designs for a stormwater treatment area at Parkside Drive Reserve in Kogarah Bay.
In March and April 2018, Sydney Water and Georges River Council sought feedback on preliminary concept designs for the proposed stormwater treatment area. The community was invited to provide feedback via an online survey, feedback form and a community information session held at Parkside Drive Reserve on 17 March 2018.
The full consultation report can be read here.
The final design has now been prepared, taking into consideration the feedback received from the community. It can be viewed here.
What we heard:
When we spoke to the community in March and April 2018, we heard strong support for:
- a planted stormwater treatment area
The community also recommended the following:
- seating and additional shade
- planted screening for neighbouring residents
- rubbish bins and water bubblers
What we have done:
After listening to the community, we have refined the concepts for Parkside Drive Reserve and are excited to share the latest design. We have:
- realigned and reduced the proposed paths to maintain a buffer between neighbouring residents and park users
- added design features to reduce the possibility of stormwater treatment areas becoming a habitat for mosquito breeding
- retained existing lawn areas and trees to maintain the existing character of the reserve from key view points
- included a swale (a linear, depressed channel that collects and carries stormwater) as part of the treatment system
Final concept design incorporating community feedback
Indicative image of proposed design
The design can be viewed here.
The construction contract will soon be awarded, with work expected to commence in early 2020. We will continue to keep the community updated before and during construction.