Cecil Hills - Liverpool Reservoir update: internal blasting & extended Sundays to continue
We are continuing with blasting and painting works on the tank’s interior surface. This process involves using abrasive grit blasting to remove rust and welding residue to leave a smooth surface for painting.
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances we are behind schedule and will continue working extended hours to ensure the reservoir is operational in time for summer when demand for water is higher.
Our work hours
- 7 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday
- 8 am to 5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays
We will continue working on Saturdays and Sundays until Sunday 5 December 2021.
What you need to know
This work will not affect your water services. We know our work can be disruptive, so we’ll make every effort to reduce any impact this work may have on you, this includes:
- completing blasting works inside the tank under negative air pressure to stop dust from exiting the tank
- not working in windy conditions
- moving equipment such as generators and compressors as far away from properties as reasonably practicable.
Unfortunately, blasting activities are noisy, and we apologise for the inconvenience while we complete this task.