Menangle Park - pipeline construction works
As part of the ProMac project we are building a new drinking water pipeline between Sugarloaf Pump Station in Menangle Park and the Narellan South Reservoir (see below map), to provide drinking water services for 84,000 new homes in the South West Growth Area and Western Sydney Aerotropolis Growth Area.
We plan to start investigation work in Menangle Park between the Southern Highlands Railway Line and the Hume Highway from Monday 19 July 2021.
Construction of the pipeline will then commence Monday 26 July 2021 near the Southern Highlands Railway Line and will move progressively east towards the Sugarloaf Pump Station.
The construction will take about a year to finish - around June 2022, weather permitting.
This work will involve:
- setting up site facilities and access tracks
- clearing trees and removing vegetation within 30 metres of our work area
- using plant and equipment to dig trenches and pits and remove spoil
- installing pipes and valves in trenches and pits, and connecting them to the existing network
- restoring the impacted area.