Narellan – construction of new re-chlorination plant to begin at Narellan South Reservoir
As part of the Prospect to Macarthur (ProMac) project we are building a new drinking water pipeline to connect the Narellan South Reservoir in Mount Annan and the Sugarloaf Pump Station in Menangle Park and a new re-chlorination plant next to the Narellan South Reservoir (please see map).
We plan to start establishing site facilities, investigating and surveying the area for the new re-chlorination plant from Monday 21 February 2022, with construction planned to finish in August 2022, weather permitting.
This work will involve:
- investigating and surveying the area
- setting up site facilities
- clearing trees and removing vegetation within 20 metres of our work area • using plant and equipment to level the site and remove spoil
- construction of a larger access road and an unloading bay for trucks
- delivery and cranage of an oversize pre-constructed building
- restoring the impacted area including re-vegetation to provide screening.
Construction traffic and impacts
There will be an increase in construction traffic around Mount Annan during our work. Residents can expect to see truck movements on Mount Annan Drive, Indigofera Circuit, Commelina Drive, Swansona Avenue and Moyengully Avenue.
Our work hours
- 7 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday
- 8 am to 1 pm Saturday
We may need to work outside these standard hours from time to time and we will update residents before this occurs.
The health and wellbeing of Sydney Water crews are our top priority. All crews are adhering to testing, social distancing, and mask wearing requirements.
Members of the public can rest easy knowing that Sydney Water's front line crews are authorised to work safely to continue delivering these essential services for their communities.
We know our work can be disruptive, so we’ll make every effort to reduce any impact this work may have on you. Thank you for your cooperation during this essential work.